Curiosity, purpose & passion
We bring a flexible, capital structure-agnostic approach to investing: We collaborate with our portfolio companies to transform groundbreaking ideas into action which translates to greater success for management teams, employees and customers.
CPCP pursues majority control investments that support a variety of situations from management buyouts to recapitalizations and family successions. We customize our transactions to address each owner’s specific liquidity and growth objectives. We work quickly and confidentially.
- Traditional change-of-control buyouts
- Backing management to buy out existing shareholders
- Leading a take-private of a public company
- Sponsoring a divisional buyout or divestiture of a non-core asset
SHAREHOLDER LIQUIDITY / RECAPITALIZATIONS
- Providing full or partial liquidity for financial, strategic, or management shareholders
- Cashing out early investors and prior founders to create alignment with go-forward stakeholders
- Solving for situations where the need for an exit or liquidity event hampers the Company’s ability to drive long-term value
- Buying ownership positions held by other active or inactive family members.
- Preserving the family legacy and ensuring a smooth succession.
- Creating liquidity for departing family shareholders and providing continuity for those in key managerial positions.
We Typically Look For
For B2B Enterprise Software
For IT Services and Tech-enabled Services
Positive reputation and strong culture with talented middle management team
Recurring or re-occurring (subscription, transactional, etc.)
Corporate or unit-level profitability with history of >10% revenue growth